Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Overall Experience


Week Thirteen:
            This internship has given me many new experiences that have helped me to continue to narrow down what I want and don’t want in a career.  Professionally I have met many people at events and in the PR and Marketing Debt. that I have talked to and networked with in hopes that maybe down the road if I need to I could talk to them about finding jobs.  Academically I would have to say that I again was able to network with a lot of academic people at the school which could be helpful when finding a job.  The personal impact was that I learned more about myself and what I would not want to do in a job down the road.  For instance, I love taking photos but many of the events here that I took photos at I found to be somewhat boring or just not visually interesting to me.  It was a chore to have to take photos at them sometimes which I really didn’t like, so I will take that knowledge with me when looking for a job.  That being said, I did reach my goal of learning more about myself and what it would be like having a job where I took photos for people.  I didn’t exactly enjoy being forced to take photos at events that I wasn’t a big fan of, so I would have to say that overall I don’t think I will be looking for a photography job down the road.  Even though this may not have been the right fit for me, I do believe it was still a good experience.  I learned a lot from it about myself.  I think if anyone is curious about having a photography job, or working in Public Relations & Marketing then this would be a great internship for them to take and get a basic idea of what it’s all about.  Experience is the best way to learn what you really want in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment